Why does PayPal keep rejecting my credit card?
I have received a couple emails asking why is PayPal rejecting my credit card”? We have been selling our gutter cleaning tool about a month now. I have received a couple of emails from customers trying to place an order and PayPal is rejecting their card.
The rejection message goes something like this:
“The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.”
Assuming no other problems with the credit card exist, it may be that the card is linked to a Pay pal account. You may be trying to purchase our gutter cleaner without using that particular PayPal account i.e checking out as a guest. Security is a big issue to them, so when they see your card being used outside of your account, it raises red flags.
Some other reasons:
- Your card is associated with a specific PayPal account, and you’re not logging in with that particular account.
- Your card was associated with a PayPal account that has since been closed.
- You’ve linked the card to a PayPal account, but have not yet confirmed it.
- You’ve exceeded your card limit with their system.
- Your email address is raising a red flag in their system.
- Your browser is not accepting cookies. You should clear any existing cookies and try again.
I found this great blog on the subject of credit cards not being accepted by their system. Assuming no problems exist with your credit card, the best advice I can give is to call PayPal at their customer service number (888) 221-1161. I have tried to do it on behalf of a customer and they will not give out information because I was not on the account.
I will post this blog on my site in a prominent place and hopefully eliminate a few of the problems checking out.